Saturday, January 24, 2009

First Post

Hello Everyone,

Well, I've finally made it to the blog world. Now, knowing how horrible I am at keeping things updated I make no promises concerning this blog.

So where do I start....
As you can read from the description I'm a single, adoptive, mom. I had the awesome blessing of adopting a precious baby girl a little over two years ago. She is such a joy and the light of my life. I've been told several times over that she is blessed to have me as a mom. The reality is that I'm the one who received the biggest blessing. She has filled my heart with an overwhelming love, my life with such happiness, and my mind with the ability to think of someone other than myself. I knew through the whole process that God had his hand in everything. But I'm still reminded, on occasion, how much God works things out. People who don't know that she's adopted are always saying how much "she looks like her momma". Now, I wouldn't care if she looked like me or not but the fact that she does is just like God putting icing on the cake.

The most important person in my life is laying in her "big girl" bed talking to herself in an effort to stay awake. She is so much fun! At a little over two, she thinks she is ten! I recently had one of those moments you often dream of before becoming a mom. I've always wanted to come home from work and have her yell Momma! and run to me throwing her arms around me. Well, this past Monday she did exactly that! It was wonderful!!! Now I know that she is always glad to see me but this was just extra special. Yesterday, she looked at her Pa while eating lunch and said "Do you know my momma loves me?" It was so sweet! I'm just amazed by how quickly she is growing up.

You can also see, in the description, that I'm a teacher. I've taught for over 10 years ... please don't point out my typo's!. I'm not perfect and most of my posts will be done at night after a long day at work and I promise that I will make a mistake or two. My job consists of teaching, paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork. I work in a school that practices inclusion so I actually get to go to the regular education classrooms and work with the students in that setting. It took some getting used to since I had done a pull-out program for 8 years before starting at this school but now things have settled into a routine and I'm really enjoying it.

Work....
is as always rewarding and very busy. I teach 5th and 6th grade resource classes. I love my job even though sometimes it is way too hectic! I still can't believe that the 08-09 school year is almost over. The kids are ready for spring break and the teachers are too! We are expecting to have some ice in our area in a day or two so maybe we will get a short break.

Life in general....
I just graduated with my Master's in Special Education in Dec. Boy, am I glad that's over! It really wasn't that hard but it sure was time consuming. I'm really glad that I did it though. I actually think that it was easier since I had already taught special education for 8 years before beginning my Master's program.

World view....
As we start a new year with a new president I'm just praying that God will lead and guide all of our leaders from the local to the federal level. It is always comforting to know that God remains in the "ultimate" control no matter who is in office. I'm also praying that this time of "economic hardship" will help to remind us to look to God for the meeting of all our needs.

One last thing...
Please remember baby Harper in your prayers. Her mom is the author of Kelly's Korner here on blogger. Harper continues to improve on a daily basis and for that we give God all the praise and glory!

No comments: