Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beautiful Day

It was an amazing day today. The weather was warm and it felt good to be outside for awhile. I am sooo ready for spring to be here. Warm weather makes me look forward to spring/summer camping trips. Hopefully, I'll be able to find me a camper before summer starts!

Today was great but I've had some "voice" issues today. I woke up this morning to find that my voice has decided to have a mind of its own. It has decided that it wants to be silent ( or close to that) at certain points today. No sore throat or anything like that just tired and kind of "squeaky" sounding. My Pixie didn't notice until after I got home this afternoon and then she thought it was funny. She did say.... "Oh baby, you have to be careful". I love the way she says this. It is just too cute!

Dad and I took Pixie to the circus last Friday night. She loved it. I think she must have circus blood in her because once the music started she just had to MOVE! She danced, twisted, and jumped for a long time. She also made a friend while there. Another little girl who was about her size but several years older. They had to hold hands and dance together. It was so cute.

We made it through winter without any more days missed at school and we got to keep our Spring Break. The drawback is that we have had to add a day at the end and we have to go three Saturdays to make up for the days we've missed. We are also having to make up our scheduled inservice hours after school. This had made for some pretty long weeks!

It is my busy time of year. From about the first of April to the end of May I am holding meeting after meeting to do annual reviews of all my students' yearly progress. My first one this year was set for today. To complicate matters more, we have just installed a new software program for all of our paperwork. Once we learn how to use it, I think we will like it. It is a total opposite of what we've been using but once we learn it we should move through our paperwork faster!

Well, I was headed to bed before I started this post so I think I'll go do that now. I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend! Remember the real reason we celebrate Easter! Jesus died so that we could all have eternal life. Thank You Lord for loving me enough to take my place on that cross!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Great to hear from you, Christie:) Keep me updated!!